If you’re dealing with a house fly infestation, you’re probably wondering how to get rid of them as quickly as possible. House flies are not only a nuisance, but they can also carry diseases. Luckily, there are a few simple steps you can take to banish these pests from your home for good.
How to Get Rid of House Flies
There are a few different ways to get rid of house flies, depending on the extent of the infestation. If you have a small problem, you might be able to get rid of the flies with some do-it-yourself methods. But if the problem is more severe, you may need to call in a professional pest control company. Follow these steps to get rid of house flies:
1. Make sure your garbage cans have tight-fitting lids and that you’re taking the garbage out on a regular basis. Flies are attracted to garbage, so getting rid of it is an important step in getting rid of the flies.
2. Clean up any food or liquid spills right away. Flies are attracted to food and they will feed on anything they can find, including human food, pet food, and even spilled drinks.
3. Fix any leaks in your plumbing and make sure there’s no standing water anywhere in your home. Flies breed in stagnant water, so eliminating any sources of water will help get rid of the fly population.
4. Use mosquito netting over doorways and windows or install screens over them to keep flies from getting inside your home in the first place.
5. Use fly traps or baits to attract and kill flies. There are many commercial products available or you can make your own traps with things like vinegar and fruit or sugar and water.
6. Use an insecticide spray inside your home if all else fails. Be sure to follow the directions carefully and only use insecticides as a last resort. You don’t want to put yourself or your family at risk by using toxic chemicals inside your home if it can be avoided.
7. Call a professional pest control company if you’re still having problems getting rid of the house flies after trying all of the above methods. A professional will be able to identify the source of the problem and eliminate it quickly and efficiently.
Getting rid of house flies isn’t always easy, but it is possible with some patience and perseverance (or professional help). Start by cleaning up any sources of food or water that might be attracting them and then work on preventing them from getting inside your home in the first place by using mosquito netting or screens over doors and windows. You can also try using traps or baits to kill them or an insecticide spray as a last resort, but be careful when using chemicals inside your home around children and pets. If all else fails, call in a professional who will be able to help eliminate the problem quickly and efficiently.
How to Get Rid of House Flies Naturally?
Have you ever walked into your kitchen only to be greeted by a swarm of flies? Or sat down to enjoy a peaceful meal outside, only to have a fly land on your arm? If so, then you know how pests like house flies can quickly ruin any moment.
Not only are they annoying, but they can also carry disease. In fact, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), house flies are known to spread over 60 diseases.
While there are many professional products and services available to get rid of house flies, there are also some DIY methods that can be just as effective. Read on to learn more about how to get rid of house flies for good.
Method 1: Use a Fly Trap
One of the most popular methods for getting rid of house flies is using a fly trap. Fly traps work by luring the flies in with a sweet smell and then trapping them inside. You can purchase a fly trap at your local hardware or home improvement store, or you can make your own using things you probably already have around the house.
To make your own fly trap, start by adding some sugar water, overripe fruit, or meat to a jar. Then, cover the top of the jar with plastic wrap and poke small holes in it. The flies will be attracted by the odor and will crawl through the holes into the jar where they will drown in the liquid.
Method 2: Use Citronella Candles
Another effective DIY method for getting rid of house flies is using citronella candles. Citronella candles contain oil from the citronella plant, which is known for its ability to repel insects like mosquitoes and house flies. To keep house flies away, simply light a few citronella candles around your outdoor seating area or wherever else you tend to see them flying around.
Just make sure to blow out the candles when you’re done enjoying the outdoors so that they don’t start a fire.
Method 3: Make Your Own Insecticide
If you’re looking for something a little more heavy-duty than candles or fly traps, then consider making your own insecticide. This DIY insecticide recipe is made with ingredients that are probably already sitting in your pantry, and it’s been known to kill house flies on contact. To make this insecticide, simply mix together equal parts vinegar and water in a spray bottle and add a few drops of dish soap. Then, just spray it directly on any flying insects that you see.
Houseflies are not only annoying—they can also carry disease. If you’re looking for ways to get rid of them, there are several DIY methods that can be just as effective as expensive professional products and services. Try using a fly trap, citronella candles, or homemade insecticide next time you see these pesky pests hovering around your home.